• Organize a food drive at your place of work, worship or with your school
or social group (scouts, Pop Warner Football, soccer, basketball,
baseball, hockey or other athletic team). We will gladly pick up
food donations totaling of 500 or more items within northeastern MA
and southern NH.
Download this flyer for a list of most needed items.
Click here to download
• Inspect and sort donated non-perishable food, organize storage areas
(November – January, April – June, Monday to Friday between 9am – 4pm)
• Neighborhood Food Drives are held in the spring and fall with flexible hours.
Volunteers can help coordinate these drives, including scheduling teams
to drop off empty bags at homes in an area and pick up bags full of food
in the same areas on a Saturday morning (check back on our events page
for the dates)
Coordinator – requires knowledge of local areas, availability to assign
areas to volunteer teams using a map as well as a flexible schedule
Volunteer - (requires vehicle and must be able to drop off AND pick up)
• Community Market Program is held on designated Fridays from
2:30 - 4:00pm from July through October. We welcome volunteers
for special activities, or to help unload/load fruits and vegetables,
help set up the market and translation (Khmer, Spanish/Portuguese)
• Mobile Pantry Program opportunities include assembling grocery bags,
stocking shelves, delivering groceries monthly or during November &
December (CORI check required for delivery volunteers)
• Purchase extra items at the grocery store as your budget allows and
deliver them to our warehouse at 735 Broadway Street, Lowell, MA.
We accept donations Monday – Friday between 9am – 4pm
— Tuna, canned chicken
— Peanut Butter
— Canned spaghetti sauce
— Canned fruit in light syrup or juice
— Canned low sodium soup and vegetables
— Pasta and rice
— Paper towels
— Bath tissue
— Personal care items (toothpaste/Soap/Shampoo/conditioner)
— Diapers, formula, jar baby food
• “Plant a Row” Program — Plant an extra row of fresh produce in your
garden and bring it to the Food Bank during operating hours.
• Virtual Food Drive* — Choose items that the families and individuals
in our service areas prefer.
*“Virtual” food drives are an example of how financial contributions may
be used to purchase specific food items. If you desire your donation to
go directly toward that are, please specify and we’ll gladly comply.
• Annual Project Bread Walk for Hunger:
— (always held on the first Sunday in May)
• Donate Money — Your Gift at Work**:
— $10 helps provides food for a family of 4 for 2 days
— $25 helps provides food for a family of 4 for 12 days
— $50 helps provides food for a family of 4 for almost 1 month
— $100 helps provide food for a family of 4 for almost 2 months
**These are examples of how donations help us offset the cost of
distributing food. If you would like your donation to go directly toward
the purchase of nutritious food, please specify and we’ll gladly comply.
• Get the Word Out! — Let your friends and family know what we
do here at the food bank
Call us at (978) 454-7272 for more information
OR E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Visit us at 735 Broadway Street in Lowell between 9:00am-4:00pm
Monday – Friday, where we gladly accept food and monetary donations
throughout the year.
Click here to view our volunteer application.